Marketing funnels can be a solution for marketers who have minimal experience and a small business budget.
Talking about marketing strategies in a business will never end, because to attract an audience, you can not only use one marketing strategy. Today there are many marketing strategies that can be carried out at different stages.
One of them is a marketing funner, the existence of this marketing funnel is quite good because it can turn prospects into customers. However, what is a marketing funnel? A marketing funnel is a marketing strategy that shows where your potential business customers are in the marketing stage.
Reasons to Use Marketing Funnel
The use of a marketing funnel can be a solution if you don’t have a marketing strategy that is quite capable and minimal marketing experience, and a business budget that is still relatively small.
Quoted from the MTARGET page, the existence of a marketing funnel can help you to organize and prioritize business marketing strategies to become more mature.
Stages of Marketing Funnel
The marketing funnel has stages or several strategies that can be used, such as AIDA, AIDCRA, ABCD, and AAARRR.
AIDA Marketing Funnel
AIDA is an acronym for Awareness, Interest, Desire, and Action. This stage is the basic funnel in marketing. The functions of AIDA are as follows:
- Awareness: One of the stages to build brand awareness between the audience and the products or services of your business.
- Interest: Stages to increase customer interest in the benefits of the services or business products offered.
- Desire: This stage is to build an emotional connection between the brand and the audience.
- Action: One of the stages where you need to move the audience to take action and interact with you, one of which is by providing a CTA (call-to-action) feature.
- Retention: Through the retention stages you will upsell, cross-sell, referral, and advocate.
AIDCA Marketing Funnel
AIDCA is the development stage of the AIDA model. The functions of this stage are:
- Attention: You have to get the audience’s attention at this stage.
- Interest: After capturing the audience’s attention, the next step is to get the audience interested in your brand.
- Desire: At this stage you will turn your audience’s interest into something they want.
- Conviction: Steps to convince your audience to interact more with your business.
- Action: Through this last stage you will make the audience take action on the lead magnet, website, or advertisement that has been created.
ABCD Marketing Funnel:
- Acquire: At this stage you will create content that can attract the attention of the audience, so that they become more curious about the brand.
- Boost: The first step at this stage is that you get enough information about the audience. So, you can maintain a relationship with them. The purpose of this stage is to turn the audience into prospects.
- Convert: You need to convert potential customers into paying customers or free service users.
- Delight: Through this stage, you as a marketer will be tasked with making them happy with their experience using your brand.
AAARRR Marketing Funnel
The AAARR marketing funnel is often used in startup businesses, SaaS companies, and also other growing companies. This type of stage is also often referred to as the pirate funnel.
Pirate funnel is a framework that is used to cut several parts in building a customer journey and generally this marketing funnel is used by growth hackers to find a focal point or weak point that needs to be focused in a business.
AAARRR stands for Awareness, Acquisition, Activation, Retention, Revenue, Referral.
- Awareness: At the awareness stage, as a brand owner, you have a goal in increasing the brand’s presence in the eyes of the audience. Some of the marketing channels used at this stage are social media, advertising, and SEO.
- Acquisition: The purpose of this stage is to collect data on your brand’s potential customers. To make this job easier, you can make acquisitions using a form and landing page builder.
- Activation: At this stage you need to convince the customer or audience to use the products and services that your brand offers.
- Retention: This stage is used to increase customer loyalty. In addition, here you also need to maintain a good relationship with your customers.
- Revenue: At this stage you need to pay attention to customer lifetime value (CLV) and customer acquisition cost (CAC) because CLV can show the amount of revenue obtained from existing customers.
- Referrals: Referrals are one of the marketing techniques based on word-of-mouth, this happens because your customers will be satisfied with the services, products, or services they get. Later they will be happy to recommend it to their relatives or friends.
With the existence of AAARR, it can also help marketers to develop marketing strategies according to the metrics that have been made at the existing marketing funnel stages.